This is a FREE workshop however registrations are essential and places are limited. Women living or working in the Southern Downs Regional Council area are invited to participate. Please note, you are required to sign a waiver form before participating.
What better way to wrap up Mental Health Week than immersing yourself in nature for a bit of self-care! This activity includes a gentle nature walk along the beautiful Condamine River as well as gentle yoga to help you ease into your day.
This event is suitable for most levels of fitness. The walk will be approximately 3 kilometres on paved surfaces.
Meeting place & Starting time:
Friday 16th October 2020 (7am – 8:30am)
Queen’s Park, Warwick
HOW TO REGISTER FOR RIVER WALK + YOGA:
- CLICK ON “ADD TO CART”
- CLICK ON “VIEW CART”
- ADJUST “QUANTITY” TO THE NUMBER OF PLACES YOU WISH TO RESERVE
- CLICK “UPDATE CART”
- CLICK “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
- FILL IN YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- IN THE “ADDITIONAL INFORMATION” BOX TELL US IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CONDITIONS WE SHOULD BE AWARE OF OR THAT MIGHT IMPACT YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE
- CHECK THE BOX TO SAY YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- CLICK ON “PLACE ORDER”
- YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Wear loose, comfortable clothing that protects you from the sun and is suitable for yoga. Bring a sunhat.
Wear covered shoes suitable for walking on paved surfaces such as your walking shoes or runners.
• Bottle of water
• Bring your own snacks (optional)
• Rain-jacket and jumper
• Sunhat and sunscreen
• Yoga mats will be supplied however feel free to bring your own
• Meet like-minded women interested in the outdoors
• Enjoy the tranquility of the Condamine River
• Immerse yourself in nature as you combine yoga with a gentle nature walk
• Learn basic yoga
• Small group workshop enhances learning and getting-to-know each other
• A short nature walk with Kathryn Walton and a yoga session with Bel du Bois
We love the outdoors in all sorts of weather but sometimes extreme climate and other unexpected circumstances may require postponing this workshop. If you have any concerns about the day, feel free to contact me.
The Adventure Therapy Project is an initiative of Kathryn Walton Consulting. This event is supported by funding from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.