This is a FREE workshop however registrations are essential and places are limited. Women living or working in the Southern Downs Regional Council area are invited to participate. Please note, you must be 18 years or older to participate in this workshop and sign a waiver form before participating.
Workshop instruction is being provided by Catherine Elliott Expressive Arts and Therapies.
Nature can challenge us and inspire us to have adventures in so many different ways! This workshop will take you on a gentle nature craft adventure that’s good for you, good for your mind, and good for the environment. Learn the skill of making a coil basket using eco-dyed recycled fabric and other items found in nature. All materials supplied. BYO water, snacks and lunch.
This event is suitable for all levels of fitness.
Meeting place & Starting time:
Friday 30th October 2020 (9:30am – 2pm)
Pioneer Park, Swanfels
HOW TO REGISTER FOR NATURE CRAFT WORKSHOP:
- CLICK ON “ADD TO CART”
- CLICK ON “VIEW CART”
- ADJUST “QUANTITY” TO THE NUMBER OF PLACES YOU WISH TO RESERVE
- CLICK “UPDATE CART”
- CLICK “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
- FILL IN YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- IN THE “ADDITIONAL INFORMATION” BOX TELL US IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CONDITIONS WE SHOULD BE AWARE OF OR THAT MIGHT IMPACT YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE
- CHECK THE BOX TO SAY YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- CLICK ON “PLACE ORDER”
- YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Wear comfortable clothing and bring a sunhat and sunscreen.
Wear comfortable shoes suitable for sitting and walking around in the park.
• Drinking water
• Bring your own snacks and lunch
• Rain-jacket and jumper
• Sunhat and sunscreen
• Craft materials will be supplied. You can bring additional items from nature to include your coil basket project. Further information will be provided in a follow-up email after registering.
• Meet like-minded women who enjoy nature, crafting and spending time with others
• Relax and enjoy the tranquility of the Swanfels district
• Connect with the country as you learn new nature craft skills
• Small group workshop with an experienced instructor as you learn to incorporate nature into coil basket making
We love the outdoors in all sorts of weather but sometimes extreme climate and other unexpected circumstances may require postponing this workshop. If you have any concerns about the day, feel free to contact me.
The Adventure Therapy Project is an initiative of Kathryn Walton Consulting. This event is supported by funding from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.