These mountain biking sessions are FREE however you must register and places are limited. Women and girls (10 years and older) living or working in the Southern Downs Regional Council area and other drought affected regions are invited to participate. These sessions are suitable for women who are new to riding off road, women wanting to refresh their riding skills or build confidence, and women looking for a low-pressure social ride. You are welcome to register for one or more sessions. We’ll practise a different skill at each session so there’s always something new to learn!
Please read the instructions below on HOW TO REGISTER so that your place in your preferred session/s is reserved.
At each session we’ll begin by checking our bikes and practising some skills off the road before enjoying a group ride on fire trails and Green/Easy trails suitable for beginners. The ride will be approximately 10-15 kms long.
Meeting places & dates:
Passchendaele State Forest
Saturday 31st October 2020 (8:30am – 11:30am)
This session will include a ride with a shorter option and a longer option. We will loop back to our vehicles at approx 10:30am for anyone who would like to finish the session early.
You will be provided with a map and instructions on how to find the meeting place a couple of days before the ride. Please note, you will be required to sign a waiver form (if you do not have MTBA insurance) before participating. Workshop instruction is being provided by Kathryn Walton, Level O Mountain Bike Skills Instructor.
Additional measures to reduce the risk of infection of COVID-19 will be in place including health screening, hand sanitiser, and physical distancing of all participants. Please do not participate if you have been unwell, travelled to a known ‘hotspot’, or been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING:
- CLICK ON “ADD TO CART”
- CLICK ON “VIEW CART”
- ADJUST “QUANTITY” TO THE NUMBER OF PLACES YOU WISH TO RESERVE ALTOGETHER (eg if you want to book 1 ticket for Session #1, and 4 tickets for Session #3, adjust the quantity to 5)
- CLICK “UPDATE CART”
- CLICK “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
- FILL IN YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- IN THE “ADDITIONAL INFORMATION” BOX TELL US WHICH SESSION/S YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR AND HOW MANY ARE COMING TO EACH ONE (eg 1 ticket for Session #1, and 4 tickets for Session #3).
- CHECK THE BOX TO SAY YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- CLICK ON “PLACE ORDER”
- YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
What to wear:
- clothes suitable for riding a bike off-road (eg shorts or padded cycling shorts, t-shirt)
- covered shoes if you have flat peddles, or clip-in shoes if you have cleats
- all riders MUST wear a well-fitting helmet that meets Australian Standards
- Bring your own bike suitable for riding off-road / unpaved surfaces. Your bike must be in good working order.
- Wear a helmet that fits you and meets the Australian Standards
- A drink bottle attached to your bike with a bottle cage, or a hydration backpack
- Bring your own snacks
- Rain-jacket and jumper
•Instruction and guided ride with a small group of women/girls on trails suitable for beginners including fire trails and Green/Easy trails
• Instruction by Kathryn Walton, Level O MTB Skills Instructor
- Spend time with like-minded women enjoying riding together off-road
- Learn how to check your bike before going for a ride
- Instruction in basic mountain biking skills
- Discover the local trails suitable for beginner mountain bike rides
We love the outdoors in all sorts of weather but this workshop may be postponed if there are extreme climatic or other unexpected events. If you have any concerns about the day, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adventure Therapy Project is an initiative of Kathryn Walton Consulting. This event is supported by funding from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.