These mountain biking sessions are FREE however you must register and places are limited. Women and girls (13 – 18 years) living or working in the Southern Downs Regional Council area and other drought affected regions are invited to participate. The Mt Marlay MTB sessions are suitable for women who have some experience riding off road, women wanting to refresh their riding skills or build confidence, and women looking for a low-pressure social ride. You are welcome to register for one or more sessions. There’s always something new to learn and practise!
At each session we’ll begin by checking our bikes and practising some skills off the road before enjoying a group ride on the Green/Easier trails. The MTB sessions at Mt Marlay are suitable for female riders with some mountain biking experience and who are able to ride on single track for up to 2 hours. We will stop along the way and practise skills on different features of the trails. This is an ideal session if you have some basic MTB skills and would like to build your confidence with a supportive group of women.
Please read the instructions below on HOW TO REGISTER so that your place is reserved.
Additional measures to reduce the risk of infection of COVID-19 will be in place including health screening, hand sanitiser, and physical distancing of all participants. Please do not participate if you have been unwell or in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
Meeting places & dates:
Sunday 2nd August 2020
9:30am – 11:30am
Mt Marlay MTB Trailhead, Foxton Street, Stanthorpe
You will be provided with a map and instructions on where to meet after registering. Please note, you will be required to sign a waiver form (if you do not have MTBA insurance) before participating. Workshop instruction is being provided by Kathryn Walton, Level O Mountain Bike Skills Instructor.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING:
- CLICK ON “ADD TO CART”
- CLICK ON “VIEW CART”
- ADJUST “QUANTITY” TO THE NUMBER OF PLACES YOU WISH TO RESERVE
- CLICK “UPDATE CART”
- CLICK “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
- FILL IN YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- IN THE “ADDITIONAL INFORMATION” BOX TELL US IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS OR CONCERNS
- CHECK THE BOX TO SAY YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- CLICK ON “PLACE ORDER”
- YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
What to wear:
- clothes suitable for riding a bike off-road (eg shorts or padded cycling shorts, t-shirt)
- covered shoes if you have flat peddles, or clip-in shoes if you have cleats
- all riders MUST wear a well-fitting helmet that meets Australian Standards
- you may like to wear personal padded protective gear if you have it
- Bring your own bike suitable for riding off-road / unpaved surfaces. Your bike must be in good working order.
- Wear a helmet that fits you and meets the Australian Standards
- A drink bottle attached to your bike with a bottle cage, or a hydration backpack
- Bring your own snacks
- Rain-jacket and jumper
•Instruction and guided ride with a small group of women on trails suitable for beginners including fire trails and Green/Easy trails
• Instruction by Kathryn Walton, Level O MTB Skills Instructor
- Spend time with like-minded women enjoying riding together off-road
- Learn how to check your bike before going for a ride
- Instruction in basic mountain biking skills
- Discover the local trails suitable for beginner mountain bike rides
We love the outdoors in all sorts of weather but this workshop may be postponed if there are extreme climatic or other unexpected events. If you have any concerns about the day, feel free to email me at email@example.com
The Adventure Therapy Project is an initiative of Kathryn Walton Consulting. This event is supported by funding from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.