This is a FREE event however registrations are essential and there are limited spaces available. Women living or working in the Southern Downs Regional Council area and surrounding drought affected areas are invited to participate. Please contact me before registering anyone under the age of 18 to discuss the suitability and insurance requirements of the event. Please note that all participants are required to complete a health screening, consent form and waiver form before participating. We will be implementing COVID-19 safe practices throughout the event.
The Hike and Camp Weekend is suitable for women who enjoy bushwalking, camping, spending time in nature and would like to share that experience and build confidence with a small group of other like-minded women. You must have a reasonable level of health and fitness to participate.
This activity will be held on private property at Goomburra and commences with an uphill hike of approximately 3kms to a stunning and remote campsite beside a waterhole. As this is a semi-supported overnight camp, your gear will be transported to the campsite for you and back to your vehicle the next day. You will need to provide your own food, tent and other camping gear and supplies for the weekend. A fireplace and BBQ will be available for you to cook your own meals. We have a limited number of tents available for loan – contact me if you would like to discuss this option. A detailed equipment list and directions to the location will be provided to you after registering.
Commences 10am Saturday 24th October 2020
Finishes 2pm Sunday 25th October 2020
Goomburra, QLD (exact location to be advised)
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE HIKE AND CAMP WEEKEND:
Follow the online registration instructions below:
- CLICK ON “ADD TO CART”
- CLICK ON “VIEW CART”
- ADJUST “QUANTITY” TO THE NUMBER OF PLACES YOU WISH TO RESERVE
- CLICK “UPDATE CART”
- CLICK “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
- FILL IN YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- IN THE “ADDITIONAL INFORMATION” BOX TELL US IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CONDITIONS WE SHOULD BE AWARE OF OR THAT MIGHT IMPACT YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE
- CHECK THE BOX TO SAY YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- CLICK ON “PLACE ORDER”
- YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Clothing and Shoes:
- Wear comfortable clothing suitable for hiking and camping
- Wear sturdy covered shoes
- Bring any clothing you will need for the weekend – a recommended clothing list will be provided after registering
• Water bottle
• Your own tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, your own food, clothing and personal supplies
• Insect repellent, sunscreen and hat
• Screen-free relaxing activities for yourself such as a book to read, crosswords, craft
• Meet other women who love bushwalking, camping and spending time in nature
• Relax in a quiet bushland setting with stunning views of the Goomburra Valley
• Enjoy the benefits of a supported weekend immersed in a remote location in the outdoors
• Nurture your mental and physical health with a weekend away reconnecting with nature
• Your heavy gear will be transported from the meeting point to the campsite and back to your vehicle the next day
• Guided hike from the meeting point to the campsite; guided hikes to other points of interest
• Sunset and sunrise yoga
• Support to help you set up and pack up your tent and gear
• On-site campfire and BBQ
• Nurture your mental and physical health with a weekend away
We love the outdoors in all sorts of weather but sometimes extreme climate and other unexpected circumstances including COVID-19 restrictions may require postponing this activity. If you have any questions about this activity or would like to discuss registering anyone under the age of 18 years, please contact Kathryn.
The Adventure Therapy Project is an initiative of Kathryn Walton Consulting. This event is supported by funding from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.