The Adventure Therapy Project for Women bush walking group sessions are FREE however you must register and places are limited. Women and girls aged 12 years and older living or working in the Southern Downs Regional Council area and other drought affected regions are invited to participate. Bush walking sessions are suitable for women who enjoy group bush walks or want to build fitness and confidence in natural environments. A variety of bush walks is offered with varying locations, lengths and levels of difficulties. You are welcome to register for one or more sessions.
Please read the instructions below on HOW TO REGISTER so that your place is reserved.
Additional measures to reduce the risk of infection of COVID-19 will be in place including health screening, hand sanitiser, and physical distancing of all participants. Please do not participate if you have been unwell or in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
The next walk at Donnelly’s Castle is:
Sunday 19th July 2020
9:30am – 11:30am
Castle Lane, Pozieres (north of Stanthorpe)
This walk is about 2 kms long. It includes a lot of scrambling over and between large rocks and boulders. You must be able to walk on steep, uneven surfaces for this walk. We will meet at the car park at Donnelly’s Castle in Castle Lane at Poziere’s and walk as a group to the lookout where we’ll enjoy a leisurely snack break with expansive views across the Granite Belt. You will be emailed detailed directions on where to meet after registering.
Please note, you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and sign a waiver form before participating. Bush walks are led by Kathryn Walton (Bush Walking Guide – Intermediate Environments).
HOW TO REGISTER FOR BUSH WALKING SESSIONS:
- CLICK ON “ADD TO CART”
- CLICK ON “VIEW CART”
- ADJUST “QUANTITY” TO THE NUMBER OF PLACES YOU WISH TO RESERVE
- CLICK “UPDATE CART”
- CLICK “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
- FILL IN YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- IN THE “ADDITIONAL INFORMATION” BOX TELL US IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIFIC HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS OR CONCERNS
- CHECK THE BOX TO SAY YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- CLICK ON “PLACE ORDER”
- YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
What to wear:
- clothes suitable for bush walking
- covered shoes suitable for the environment you will be walking
- sun protective clothing / hat / sunscreen
- Day backpack
- Your own water bottle or hydration pack
- Your own snacks
- Any medication or other supplies you may need
- Rain-jacket and jumper
- Guided bush walk with a small group of women led by Kathryn Walton (Bush Walking Guide – Intermediate Environments)
- All instructors have appropriate First Aid and bush walking qualifications
- Spend time with like-minded women enjoying bush walking together in natural environments
- Learn how to prepare for a bush walk
- Discover local bush walking sites suitable for different levels of challenge
We love the outdoors in all sorts of weather but this workshop may be postponed if there are extreme climatic or other unexpected events. If you have any concerns about the day, feel free to email me at email@example.com
The Adventure Therapy Project is an initiative of Kathryn Walton Consulting. This event is supported by funding from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.