POSTPONED – NEW DATE TO BE ADVISED
This is a FREE workshop however registrations are essential and places are limited. Women living or working in the Southern Downs Regional Council area and other drought affected communities are invited to participate. Please note, you must be 18 years or older to participate in this workshop and sign a waiver form before participating.
Workshop instruction is being provided by The Rewilding Project. This workshop is designed to enhance, educate and encourage the modern outdoorswoman to embrace bouldering in our rocky Queensland environments.
Whether you are looking for an exciting new experience, up-skilling or learning basic climbing technique – we have you covered. In this workshop we will look at rock climbing skills, foot and hand placements, day-trip planning and show you how to pack to be self-sufficient. Like all empowering workshop sessions we will be challenging ourselves, but this workshop is suitable for all fitness levels.
Meeting place & Starting time:
Saturday 18th April 2020
1pm – 4pm
Donnelly’s Castle, Donnelly’s Castle Road, Pozieres (near Stanthorpe)
Clothes that will allow you to be active and longer shorts/ pants will help you be more comfortable whilst bouldering.
• A day pack with 2 litres of water
• Bring your own snacks and coffee cup
• Rain-jacket and jumper
• Sunhat and sunscreen
• Wear your runners, or similar shoes, to the session.
• Like-minded outdoorswomen and intimate group sizes
• Learn how to identify different hand and foot holds
• Learn multiple styles of hand and foot placement techniques.
• Learn the communication needed whilst climbing
• Facilitator support from highly trained outdoor practitioners with Rock climbing & Wilderness First Aid Qualifications
• Use of chalk bags and climbing shoes
We love the outdoor in all sorts of weather but sometimes high winds and storms may require postponing this workshop. If you have any concerns about the day, feel free to email the instructors firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adventure Therapy Project is an initiative of Kathryn Walton Consulting. This event is supported by funding from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.