Round the Table is a series of intensive mini workshops for ‘people working with people’. We take serious topics and bring them to life with a unique and dynamic approach to learning that focuses on real life situations.
The next workshop “The 4 Foundation Stones of Mental Health” is an intensive, interactive and dynamic mini-workshop that will inform and inspire you with current evidence-based and evidence-informed knowledge around the interconnection between physical health and mental health care. In this workshop you will explore a framework for understanding the four foundation stones of mental health as well as their interconnectedness. When you support your clients to develop a strong foundation for their health and wellness, they are better positioned for success with their other health and life goals, and better enabled to weather life’s storms.
The content of this workshop is also highly relevant to worker and personal self-care. In order to support others in our work, family and community, we need to build our own strong foundation of health. Please note this workshop is not a substitute for individual support or supervision.
This workshop was first held in 2017 and has been revised and updated.
By the end of this mini-workshop you will be able to:
- name the 4 foundation stones of mental health
- identify the current evidence base of each foundation stone
- name the ways in which the foundation stones are interconnected
- integrate the framework into recovery plans and case planning
- apply the framework to your personal life
- identify specific strategies to support your clients and customers to build a strong foundation of mental health
- creatively problem-solve barriers to building a strong foundation of mental health
- know where and how to access key supports and resources
Tuesday 14th May 2019
8:45am for a prompt 9am start
Red Rose Healing Centre
Shop 1, 44-46 Wood Street Warwick 4370
Limited off street parking is available in Myall Avenue next to the venue. Overflow parking is available in Andersen’s carpark off Wood Street (near the traffic lights).
• 3 hours of intensive professional development with an experienced local mental health worker
• a supportive, friendly and confidential learning environment with a small group of professionals to optimise your learning (maximum of 10 participants)
• printed handouts
• links to resources to support you implementing and problem-solving effective strategies into the future
• an electronic Certificate of Attendance
• a scrumptious and soul-nourishing morning tea with cuppas on demand
** Please add any special requirements (eg dietary needs) in the ‘Order Notes’ box at checkout **
Registration and Cancellation Policy
This workshop is intended for professionals working within the following industries – health, education, community. If you are unsure if this workshop is appropriate for your needs, please contact us before registering. We reserve the right not to accept registrations on the basis that the workshop has been filled, cancelled or postponed, or on the basis of other professional considerations.
We reserve the right to cancel the workshop due to insufficient registrations, sickness, injury or any other unexpected situations. If this happens, you will be notified as soon as possible and provided with a full refund.
If you are unable to come to the workshop after registering, you may:
• transfer your ticket to another eligible participant and advise us of the details as soon as possible so we can approve the ticket transfer and update our enrolment form
• request a refund at least 7 days prior to the workshop – please note that a $30 administration fee will be deducted from your refund
• no refunds will be paid if there are less than 7 days before the workshop