Explore the wonders of the natural world
Be captivated by nature’s beauty and strength
Find yourself ….. in nature
Embark on a journey of discovery in nature and become reacquainted with all parts of yourself when you join us for EXPLORE, a unique walking retreat for women.
From our base at the rustic Woolshed Retreat, your guided bush walk will present you with delightful opportunities for personal reflection and growth, journalling, small group discussions and a nature craft activity. Limited to a maximum of 10 women, you’ll explore, discover and delight in the peace you find in nature and within yourself. You will leave your day of retreat with a sense of wholeness, peace and inner calm, awakened to all your senses and energised to live life to the full.
You do not need any prior bush walking experience however you must be able to walk confidently on uneven ground. The bush walk will be at leisurely pace and cover a total of approximately 5-8kms with several stops along the way.
You will need to bring along a small back pack / day pack to carry your picnic lunch (supplied) and a water bottle. All participants will be required to complete a health screening, waiver and consent form.
Who is EXPLORE for?
EXPLORE is ideal for women who:
- are eager to connect with nature and learn about themselves and the amazing natural world around us
- enjoy being active in the outdoors and tapping into the peace that comes from spending time in outdoor spaces
- are open to new ideas, learning and experiences
- value connecting with nature and other women
- are ready to explore, discover and delight in their outer world and their inner world
- have a high degree of mobility and a reasonable level of fitness (You do not need any prior bush walking experience however you must to be able to walk with the group on uneven surfaces for a total of approximately 5-8kms throughout the day.)
What will I gain from the day?
When you join me for EXPLORE you’ll have access to:
- an exclusive day to explore, wonder and delight in nature as part of a small supportive group of women
- a unique rural retreat and bush walking location on a working farm that’s managed holistically
- homemade, locally sourced morning tea, afternoon tea and a delicious picnic lunch to take on your bush walk
- a writing and art journal
- nature craft activities
- the knowledge, skills and guidance of a mental health practitioner and bush walking guide with over 30 years experience
DATE: Next date to be announced
TIME: 9am – 4pm
VENUE: The Woolshed Retreat, Picot’s Farm, Cunningham 4370 (directions will be provided after registering)
CATERING: Morning tea, afternoon tea and a picnic lunch will be provided.
Do you have any dietary considerations? Please let us know in the NOTES section when you pay for your ticket.
Registrations are essential and close 1 week prior to the retreat unless sold out sooner.
If you are unsure if this event is suitable for you, please contact us before registering. We reserve the right not to accept registrations on the basis that the event has been filled, cancelled or postponed, or on the basis of COVID-19 restrictions or other professional considerations.
We reserve the right to cancel the event due to insufficient registrations, sickness, injury, COVID-19 considerations or any other unexpected situations. If this happens, you will be notified as soon as possible and provided with a full refund or credit.
If you are unable to come to the workshop after registering, you may:
- transfer your ticket to another eligible participant and advise us of the details as soon as possible so we can approve the ticket transfer and update our enrolment form
- request a refund or credit if at least 7 days prior to the event
- cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event incur a 50% fee to cover non-refundable costs associated with running the event
- if you are not able to come to this event due to illness or COVID-19-related issues, please contact to discuss your options – we all want to support each other through this period of increased uncertainty and maintain the best possible opportunities for personal and community health